Monday, April 8, 2013

fear

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
-Cinderella Story


I had the chance to go to dinner with someone I care about more than he will ever know. He not only makes my best friend the happiest girl in the whole world but he manages to listen to a lot of what I have to say and gives me some of the BEST advice. 

I have been in this rut where I continually am holding back because of WHAT IF situations. I can't do this anymore. What if is the worst thing that we can do. Sure we need to think about the future and consider options but we should never let the unknown keep us form something that makes us happy. 

I have always been a live in the moment go with the flow kind of girl but lately, not so much. I am always thinking about what could be best, or what might be best... But you never really know if what happens truly is or was the best.

It is a difficult concept but it hasn't left my mind since dinner. You never know what is going to happen so you really do need to take every moment as it comes. If something makes you happy and there is chance it will continue making you happy then keep doing it. The only time to stop is when it doesn't give you happiness any longer.

I kept asking him, but what if something will make me more happy? His only words were then that something will make you more happy. It is out of my control until it happens. Everything happens for a reason and I need to remember that each day. Each day my decisions will effect who I am and who I become. If something is meant to be that isn't happening, God will make it happen. 

As for now I need to live my life and live it to the fullest. Each day finding happiness. Each day doing what I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment