Monday, November 28, 2011

Dark.


Day-light saving was a couple weeks ago
and the change was drastic to say the least!
Coming to Sweden I was warned that
the days were short....
but seriously you guys....
the days are
short.

The sun rises SUPER early....
I am not sure the exact time but it is up by
6 a.m.
When does it set?
You thought that it starting to get dark around 5 was early....
try....
it looks like midnight at
 4:00 in the AFTERNOON!

I was warned yes... but I was not prepared.

As many of you are familiar with my stories,
 I live by big lakes.
This means that when it is dark, it is foggy.
Really foggy.
And there are lots of trees,
if I am not painting a good enough picture....
imagine a haunted swamp....
that is what it feels like sometimes.

What I am having the hardest time understanding,
is the people here in Vaxjo don't seem to notice.

Oh you want to go for a run?
in the pitch black
next to a lake
and a forest
by yourself?
NBD PEOPLE!!

At lease they wear reflective clothing here.






Literally, EVERYONE wears reflective clothing
after about 2 p.m.
it's AWESOME!!

yet... still one of the few cultural differences that I will not be bringing home with me. sue me.


and no.... none of the pictures in this post are mine... I am lazy and just trying to get a point across. sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment