Sunday, February 12, 2012

I know you feel it too.



I have these days, where I am supposed to be overly productive because I have a very busy week ahead of me, and I just... am not. Today is one of those days. I am sitting here, at my turquoise kitchen table, in my adorable apartment, by myself, with all of my books out on the table, doing what? My slippers are on, my hair is pulled up in the typical, "I don't care because I am happy" bun bobbing on top of my head, my sweatshirt pulled loose, and my yoga pants on.... but really, what am I doing? I have my laptop placed right on top of everything, bending my papers, creasing the pages in my books, smudging the pencil markings, and I just don't care. As my fingers glide across my pink keyboard, and I listen to Soko, Susie Suh, and Birdy, I am just not feeling like being in the homework mood. I am on pinterest, reading blogs, adoring over pictures of people, their happiness, and their love..... not having a single care in the world. So I decided to make a blog post myself.


Valentines Day is on Tuesday, and too all of the "single awareness" "valentines hating" "I don't want to spoil any girl because they are already spoiled" people.......... just stop reading and go to the library or something. I love Valentine's day. I have only had one real Valentine before and I have still always loved the holiday. It is not just for those in love, although it definitely is a bonus. Valentine's day is a day you get to eat red velvet cupcakes, pick all the carmel chocolates out of the box, wear a dress, curl your hair, take in the smell of fresh roses everywhere, sweet small kisses in public, red and pink wrapping, and oh my gosh have you ever been to Smith's on Valentine's Day? My favorite of favorite parts. The cute old men who have been married for 50+ years are still standing in front of the flowers trying to figure out which ones his wife will really love. Everyone is in this happy mood, because while they are surprising, they are getting surprised, and they are watching other people get surprised and ahh... sue me.... I love it. I love love and I love happy people. So everybody, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment