Sunday, September 4, 2011

the pictures are here!

We have been here for 2 weeks now and are still surviving! I am really bad at this whole blogging thing so here are pictures to go with our last post haha. One day I will be able to do all my posting at once, as for now let's quickly recap.
arrived after traveling for 2 days and eating nothing we got fed this for dinner. p.s. this picture makes the food look like 3 times it's actual size.... 
This is down town Vaxjo, and this church is the landmark that gets us home when we are lost.

who knew such a friendly sign meant, this way to the insane asylum?
oh... did I forget to mention we live in the towers?

on the plus side, when we walk to school it looks like we are walking to Hogwarts.

oh yeah, first important document I receive blows into a swamp while self timing a picture that didn't even turn out. I got it out of the water though and let it air dry as we walked and got lost for another hour in the rain storm. 

I hope you didn't forget the story of my shower blowing up. This is the man saving the day.

looking so much cleaner than when we first encountered the  "shisa"
Seriously though, this is like 3/4 cleaned up.

as the sober mormon girls, we got the responsibility of carrying beers for our friends into the party...
Stefan's just happened to be open in Katie's purse. lesson learned.

Celia and Doro... yes we actually have made a few friends.

oh this is us waiting for the bus... two of them had just driven past us....
and those beautiful grocery bags....
didn't know we were supposed to pay for them until after we had gotten home...

on the bus...
after it went to the end of the route...
waited 15 minutes for it's new route to begin.....
middle of no where....
us and the driver.....

finally someone actually feeling bad for us and making us an american dinner!!
Jan, Tobi, and Stefan=lifesavers.

our walk to school is about 45 minutes but we pass 3 lakes and it is beautiful!

I may make it seem like we are having serious issues over here..... but we really aren't.
We are so happy and truly LOVE it here!

our walk to school is really out of a fairytale.

As our journey in a foreign land is only just beginning,
 it is starting to really feel like home. 
I absolutely love where I am and am truly blessed to be here. 
I love you and thanks for taking the time to follow me on my adventures in
 VAXJO, SWEDEN!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to walk to school with you!!!! It looks gorgeous!!!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete