Sunday, November 6, 2011

rainy days in vekwa..

Let's go back in time a little bit.... 
once upon a time I went to India.
It did not only rain there, the entire city flooded.
but the people carried on life like it happened EVERY day.

Do  you remember the last time that it rained like this?

I do..... 
it was today.


I have tried to convince myself multiple times to love the rain...
it has never worked.
Living here in Vaxjo, I am learning to love the rain.
It does not only rain here every single day... it POURS. 
It often times feels like buckets of water are being poured out above us. 
There is no break in the drops... there actually aren't drops...
It is just a constant flow of water.
and I am learning to love it. 
I am indifferent about the curly hair, the smudged make up, 
the wet jeans, and constantly wearing my jacket.
but I truly love riding my bike through big puddles,
my feet being dry and warm inside of my rain boots,
the way the rain makes the lakes look like oceans in a storm,
the shiny droplets on the fallen autumn leaves,
the smell of freshness and renewal after each storm,
the laughter that goes on while getting drenched,
the screams of joy when it goes from raining to pouring,
the dry sweats you get to put on after,
the sound of the rain on my window,
I really am loving it all.





1 comment:

  1. you girls are so cute! I miss you!!! Looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete